Debit cards were in the news regularly past year. As numerous banks sought to impose fees for their use. Usually, a debit card is issued by the bank that holds your checking account, though this is not always the case. The Target REDcard is one such debit description set up via a retailer, rather than a economic institution.
The Target REDcard functions as a debit card that draws funds from any checking account. It offers the same convenience as any debit card, while contribution clients additional benefits, such as a 5% discount on most purchase. Below is more information on the top features and how it works.
How the Target REDcard Works
The Target REDcard credit card offers shoppers 5% “cashback” in the form of an instant discount on every purchase made in stores or online. It’s a store branded card that does not have an annual fee – or a complicated rewards program, as again, the reward is given immediately upon purchase.
The card is only intended for use in Target stores and the 5% discount only applies to stores or items bought from Target.com. Login To Target RedCard Login for more details
Advantages of Target RedCard
- Great Discounts. For regular Target shoppers, there are many savings to be realized by deducting 5% from all purchase prices. This is a true, immediate discount taken at the register, not cash back that must be claimed at some later date.
- Free Shipping. Think of this like the paidAmazon Prime service, but free. However, unlike the Amazon program, there is no guarantee of two-day shipping. Online purchases can even be returned at a physical location, so feel free to buy shoes or clothing to try on at home.
- Donations to Education. Target donates 1% of the amount of all REDcard purchases to the K-12 school of your choice.
- Extra Savings on Pharmaceutical Purchases. When you fill at least five prescriptions at a Target pharmacy, you receive an extra 5% discount for one day of Target shopping, in addition to your existing 5%.
- No Credit Check. No matter your credit history, nearly all applicants with a checking account are approved.
- No Fees. There is no need to worry about monthly fees, annual fees, or charges for going below a minimum balance.
Disadvantages of Target RedCard
- Does Not Work at Target Mobile. Target has a cutting-edge product that offers discounts at the store and online. However, it does not offer a discount at Target Mobile. However, it would not surprise me to see this functionality added in the future.
- Not Part of a Payment Network. Since it does not belong to a processing network such as Visa or MasterCard, this card can only be used at Target stores and atcom.
- Cannot Be Used to Carry a Balance. I personally believe that this is a great feature; however, for those who need to carry a balance from time to time, this card will not be of any use.
Target is an innovative retailer, offering stylish goods at affordable prices. Likewise, its REDcard is a unique product that offers the ability to make purchases directly from a linked checking account. When you consider the significant 5% discounts and free shipping, it becomes clear that this is a worthwhile product. Considering that there are no costs or fees to use this card, it’s an easy choice for any regular Target customer to obtain the REDcard.