Efficiency of Baking Stones on Mobile brick Oven
The joy of making pizza when you are on a vacation at some part of wilderness in Alaska can be experienced when the baking stones show high efficiency levels when used in mobile brick oven. You will be able to put the stone to ultimate test while using it under harsh and cold climatic conditions. In fact the quality and taste you experience here is no less than what you get at the gas oven or electric oven at the comforts of your home. This is made possible by some of the unique properties of the baking stones.
Thermal Shock Resistance of Baking Stones
The ability to withstand high level fluctuations in temperature without getting brittle is called the capacity to withstand thermal shocks. The average temperature within the mobile brick oven could be anywhere between 350 degrees (F) and 450 degrees (F). When the same oven is taken to the cold climatic conditions the average temperature may come down by 100 degrees (F).
- Good quality Thermarite baking stones can absorb the maximum heat from the oven in these conditions and retain it over extended period. So the heat within the pizza dough remains at highest levels as long as it remains inside the oven. If you are able to pre heat the stone for a time of 1 hour, the heat retention and transmission property of the baking stones can be further enhanced. That means the average temperature on the stone is always higher than the oven temperature.
- This property helps in quick and uniform moisture absorption from the dough, enabling the formation of crispy crust on the external surface of the pizza. When you take the baking stones out of the oven, the temperature doesn’t drop sharply due to the climatic conditions in the wilderness. Rather it is retained for more than 10 to15 minutes at the same levels. So you are able to take out the prepared pizza, load the next prepared dough and place it back into the oven within this time. Now you are able use the stone continuously without letting go of the qualitative features in any form.
Flexibility of Baking Stones
The Thermarite baking stones are said to be highly flexible in nature. The added property of high tensile strength makes them unbreakable. This means you can expose the stones to high impact stress. The efficiency of the baking stones will remain the same.
Easy Maintenance of Baking Stones
Cleaning the baking stones is one of the easiest tasks you can perform at home. Avoid soap or detergent as they can get absorbed into the pores meant for absorbing moisture.
- You need to wait till the baking stones come to the room temperature.
- Use the scraper to take out all the food remains on the stone.
- Then you can rub the surface with a soft damp cloth.
- Let the baking stones dry in open air.
The manufacturers of CastElegance baking stones have ensured their products conform to all the quality parameters listed above.